Why you need a Round Beach Towel
Epoch Collective Round Beach Towel Aquatic Lotus (c/o) | Target Xhileration Bikini Top and Bottom (c/o) | Karen Walker Sunglasses** | OPI Suzi is Hungary Again Nail Polish | Floppy Sun Hat
**Try these sunglasses for free via ShopDitto w/code SOUTHERNELLESTYLE
Stop. Close you eyes. Imagine you are on a beach. The salty air is blowing your hair, just enough so that your sticky skin can breathe. You reach over to grab you sunglasses and then it happens. You wind up in sand. Hot sand.
While sand is a very defining feature of beaches we know and love, it can be hot and uncomfortable on bare skin. What do you do? Yeah there are beach towels - you know. The ones that are longer than those tiny hotel room towels you grabbed; however, you have to lay stiff like a board, instead of sprawled out, relaxing, like you're in savasana. What to do?!
Well, until now, all you could really do was put two towels side by side. And even then, it wasn't fool proof. Earlier this year, a co-worker showed me Epoch Collective and their round towels. Yes, they cost more than the average beach towel; however, they are worth it! Let me tell you why...
1) They are pretty. Okay, so obviously, this was what drew me to them in the first place. They are totally Instagram worthy!! I mean, I don't know about you, but I go for the pretty, patterned pieces and let me tell you...this one does not disappoint. Did you see my Instagram of it here?
2) They are functional. There is a real need for this type of towel!! It keeps your arms from the hot ground, you can easily place your beach read beside you, and not take home thousands of sand granules. Oh, and I think my favorite part, is that there is enough towel to cover up your phone, to keep it from overheating. Trust me. With these Texas summers, I know it is a necessity. It's also big enough to share!
3) They come with a carrying case. This one came in a cute little duffle; however, they are about to launch one that comes with a tote. You can never have too many beach totes, am I right? I love that it comes with something to transport it on your arm- I mean you need one hand for your phone, and the other for your pina colada;)
4) They are guaranteed. Epoch Collective believes in their product so much, they have a 60 day money back guarantee. Wait, what? Yes! Oh, and did I mention that they also have free domestic shipping in the U.S.? It's pretty much risk free. Only fun awaits!
5) They are quality. You would expect a piece to be quality, for the price you are paying and it performs well! Some towels are scratchy, or don't actually dry you off, but this one works like a charm. Plus, it has tassels, so you are set for the summer trends.
Obviously I am aware that this is a novelty item; however, if you can make the investment, do it! They are so useful, from sitting in the backyard picnics, to a day at the beach. You'll get your money's worth and then some.
So what do you think? Are you convinced? I'd love to know what you're thinking, especially with summer less than a month away!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!